IT Engineer-North Asia
Business unit: HR/Admin
Reports to: Asia IT & China HR Manager
• HP Server, Microsoft Windows 2010 Server, Microsoft Office365, Skype, Symantec Backup Exec, Windows 10, Cisco Switch/Wifi, Palo Alto Firewall, BYOD
• Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users and department managers
• Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for system and network administration and appropriate use
• Provide IT Operational Supports inclusive of digital marketing and office facility in North Asia (China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea)
• Provide IT Infrastructure & Application installation and administration
• Implement tasks on projects and procedures in North Asia
• Any other duties as assigned by Asia IT/China HR Manager
• B. S. Degree in Technical discipline. (Computer Science or Information Systems preferred). CCNA and MSCE certifications would be advantageous.
• Minimum 3-4 years of hands-on experience in the design and development of Client/Server systems and Network arena
• Hands-on experience in Infrastructure(Cisco) and Systems(Windows/Storage) setup
• Good experience in Windows Server 210, MS Office365, SQL, LAN/WAN, Cisco Equipment and Palo Alto. Knowledge of business applications like KingDee, Oracle, Digital Marketing, Ecommerce would be advantageous.
• Ability to communicate effectively with demanding professional user community is essential
• Ability to work effectively in a professional team environment is essential
• Ability to understand and converse in English
In-house Legal Counsel
Reports to: General Counsel & Company Secretary in Sydney and Head of North Asia based in Hong Kong
Position Description: This role is accountable for the management of Blackmores’ legal rights and responsibilities in China.
On a day to day basis, this role requires providing executives with accurate and detailed legal advice on a broad-range of legal topics, collaborating with the Sales & Marketing & other Blackmores China teams to ensure that all communication messages including contracts and agreements comply with Chinese laws, regulations and company policies, and helping to create and monitor internal management policies.
The Blackmores’ office is located on Jiang Ning Road, Shanghai (close to Metro 13, Jiang Ning Road Station).
A genuine commitment to the Blackmores values of Passion for Natural health, Integrity, Respect, Leadership and Social Responsibility must be demonstrated.
Focuses on the needs of others, works collaboratively, operates flexibly and is outcomes orientated.
• Reviewing contracts and other legal documents from the Sales, Marketing & other teams
• Providing internal legal training & advice to Blackmores’ teams as required including trademark, counter fakes, advertising laws etc.
• Undertaking business trips with the Sales and Marketing Team to provide onsite project support if necessary
• Maintain active & constructive relations with relevant legal & government bodies as required
• Creating & updating internal policies/procedures
• Applying effective risk management techniques and offering proactive advice on possible legal issues
• Drafting and reviewing agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
• Providing clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organisation
Team leadership, people management and development
• Demonstrating self-leadership by promoting the values, image and role of Blackmores to all team members
• Establishing clear lines of responsibility and set clear expectations when leading teams
• Fostering efficient teamwork and cohesive team dynamic
• Ensuring all company activities comply with relevant Acts, legal demands and ethical standards
Occupational health and safety
• Work safely and not place at risk the health and safety of other employees, visitors or the public
• Comply with all safety procedures, rules & instructions
• Use all safety and personal protective equipment as directed
• Communicate effectively
• Problem solving
• Work with people
• Thinks commercially
• Displays energy and drive
• Displays resilience
• Strong planning and organising
(see Blackmores Individual Competency Framework for specific measures against each competency)
Qualifications and Experience
• Must have a law degree from a recognised university
• Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in relevant field
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
• Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
• Outstanding communication skills
• Must be able to work independently
• Presentation ability